Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dumplings in Chile?

When I first told my parents I was thinking about going to Chile, my mom mentioned that I may have a random relative there! I thought, "Eh, Chile is so big, and I've never heard her mention anyone before, it's probably nothing."  Turns out, my aunt's husband's sister lives in Santiago, Chile, just three metro stops away from where I work!

One night, I went over to their house and we made dumplings!  It was so weird for my brain, because I had been speaking in Spanish and English, and now all of a sudden I was talking in Chinese, definitely took a lot of brain power to communicate haha.

We made the wrapper and wrapped it all by hand!

Step 1: Made the dough, some combination of flour and water


Step 2: Flatten the dough into small circles


Step 3: Add the filling, whatever combination of veggies (and meat!) if you want.


Step 4: Fold one side over and pinch the wrapper to seal it.



Step 5: Place them into a skillet filled with a little oil.  Then fill the pot with enough hot water until it comes up to half the dumpling's height.


Step 6: Enjoy!


My eyes look closed, what's new!

2 comments:

Isabella Tromba said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time :)

kellygreenculver198 said...

It's pretty cool I will say, but I'm ready to come home ;) Hope you're summer is going great!

Post a Comment