Saturday, July 13, 2013

Random Tidbits

I have a bunch of random thoughts that don't really fit into a single blog post, so here goes some random tidbits!

1. There is this adorable black lab that I see every day that I think the University adopted as their own.  He has his own little doggie bed and bowls and name tag.  So cute :)


2. I have finally made a Chilean friend! Her name is Maria, and she is a grad student who is helping me with my project.  I have been going over to her house and experiencing some Chilean life :).  We have lunch at her house, tons of tea, and code! Doesn't seem like fun, but I really enjoy going over there!


Her house is beautiful.

3. A couple weeks ago, my friends, Jorge, Ana, and Rachel made a Puerto Rican dessert, called "limber." It has coconut milk, coconut cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and cinnamon. Blend it, stick it in the freezer, and voila! It tastes SO good


Thanks for letting me have some! It was delicious and I definitely plan on making it at home.


3. One day when it was raining in Santiago, I saw the cutest dog sleeping in a cardboard box! It was cute, but also extremely sad at the same time.  I had to take a picture.


4. There is this one crepe store that we walked by and they had a giant nutella jar!  The jars on the bottom are normal size for reference. Yum.


5. One day, Rachel, Ana, and I decided to go out at night for some dessert.  We ended up at Galindo, a restaurant I went to my first night in Chile.  Even though I had already been here, I got something completely different.  I am trying not to go back to the same place/restaurant twice, and so far have succeeded with the exception of Galindo. :)

We were only going to get dessert, but then we saw another table eating "pastel de choclo" - casserole type dish with corn, meat, egg, chicken, deliciousness, and had to get it!



All gone!


Giant silverware

After we devoured the pastel de choclo, of course we had to get dessert.  Not one, but two!

Flan - Leche Asado


Crepes filled with dulce de leche topped with ice cream, so good

Thirty seconds later...


 6. Sometimes the Metro gets SO crowded it's overwhelming! One day I had to wait for 3 trains to come by before I was close enough to the platform to squeeze myself into the train.



That's it of the random blurbs I have!

Tonight I leave for Mendoza, Argentina, where we will be ziplining, hiking, repelling, and exploring the city!

0 comments:

Post a Comment