
I am typing this from my bed in Queretaro, Mexico! This January, I am participating in a Global Teaching Lab through MIT, where I will be teaching Math and Physics to high school students at the Tec de Monterrey college campus (not sure how that works, but I will find out tomorrow). Another MIT student, Ray, is in the same city as me, but about 30 minutes away walking, but it is still nice to have a familiar face here! There is also a girl from Harvard, who lives about 2 minutes away walking, so I am excited to have some company and meet her.
Queretaro, so far, is very quaint, and seems more rural than Santiago, which I like! I thought all the Spanish I knew would fly right out the window when I got here, but I seem to have picked it up and even gotten some compliments from my host mom. :)
When we arrived at the Queretaro airport (which is tiny!), the beautiful sunny, warm weather greeted Ray and I, and we even got picked up by Maria, a lady from Tec de Monterrey, which was so nice, and she took me to my host home. It's so pretty! The host mom is really sweet, only speaks Spanish (so I'll get lots of practice whether I like it or not, ha), and seems to host lots of people. Her adult son and his 6 year old daughter, another exchange student from Canada (she's currently in Cancun for the week...), another lady, and me all live here!
Oh! and 3 super cute little dogs! Yipeeeee! Pictures to come..
| My room for the month |
| Pancha, one of the dogs |
Tomorrow is our first day at the school, where we do some training (I think? I don't have many details ha), but I have to figure out how to get to the school. So far, I'm just chilling in my room and have no plans for the rest of the day!
0 comments:
Post a Comment