Wednesday, February 5, 2014

San Miguel de Allende/Guanajuato


**I am currently back at school now, but I realized I never posted this!

Two weekends ago, we went to San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato. Both were so beautiful and places that had so much character. Read this article on "10 Reasons to Why People Fall in Love with San Miguel."

From: San Miguel de Allende, GTO, Mexico To: Querétaro, Mexico
Between the quaint buildings and "extranjeros" (tourists) roaming the city, I loved walking through all the streets and quickly taking a peek at the stores and people selling handcrafts. If I looked too long, they would know I was interested and never let me leave without buying something!

We went to this adorable cafe, Posada Camina, for breakfast in the morning, and oh my. It was the cutest cafe, with umbrellas over the tables and surrounded by orange trees!




Entrance to cafe

Isn't this so cute?!




Toy Museum!

View from a rooftop

Ice cream truck in "el centro"
Later that day, we took a bus to Guanajuato, where we spent the night. Guanajuato's night life was so exciting! There were tons of people packed in the Plaza downtown singing away and playing games. I think there was a big trip there, because there were quite a few teenagers there.


Calle Cajoneadas - Students dress up in 17th century costumes and lead people down the streets "calles" of Guanajuato singing well known songs (in Spanish).

Plaza la Paz - our hotel was about 3 minutes away walking
All in all, we had a great time this weekend. I loved Guanajuato and seeing the mines, mummies, getting adopted by a group of Mexican young adults who befriended us. We are currently Facebook friends. :) The charm of the city really drew us in and I even got a few souvenirs that I took back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment