Saturday, June 16, 2012

I'm in Boston!

So I arrived in Boston around 3 pm this afternoon.  We went directly to the Wilson House, which is basically a dorm/big house that Park Street Church owns and CCC interns and staff live there.  Here, we just waited and greeted people as they arrived.  This was kind of an awkward couple hours for me, as it was a lot of small talk with a lot of people I just met.  Around 6 pm, we had dinner, which was delicious (burgers, tortellini pesto salad, strawberries, salad, and chocolate birthday cake) especially after barely eating anything all day from traveling.

The team seems pretty cool.  About 6 girls and 2 guys are staying at the project director's house in Dorchester.  It is a really cute house that they (Todd and Tara) co-own with the purpose of communal living.  So, it is a three story house, 4 boys live on the first floor, 4 on the second, and Todd and Tara live on the 3rd floor.  The neighborhood is really cute.  The neighbors are probably about an wing spans width apart.  It makes me want to live like this at some point in my life!  The rest of the team is staying back at the Wilson House in Cambridge, MA right by Harvard Square.  There are 8 staff members and 22 students.

We spent the rest of the night getting to know each other, talking a little about the trip and our expectations, fears, and questions, and hanging out.  It was really exciting to be surrounded by so many people who love Jesus and are pursuing Him!  Several of the students are education majors, so this is a really cool opportunity to teach these kids.

It is still a little awkward between all of us, but I know that in a week we will all know each other a lot better!  I am excited to get to know the team better and grow with each other as we serve the Lord.

Tomorrow, we get our binders and books.  We will be having a lot of meetings and at 4 pm, we are going to a service at Park Street Church where we will be commissioned!

I am really excited, and today I was really able to get a better grasp of what we will be doing and get pumped to spend a month with some amazing people and love on those we will meet in South Africa.  Needless to say, I am looking forward to this experience!

Eann

0 comments:

Post a Comment