Everything is mostly packed, just waiting on zipping everything tomorrow morning! Tomorrow (Monday) we are leaving at 4 am to go to the airport!
Our flight from New York to Johannesburg is 17 hours long, one of the longest flights possible! So I am going to be bored out of my mind.
Today was filled with meetings and information about the different ways to perceive cultures. We talked about our assumptions we are bringing to the table and assumptions that we think the kids may have. We got binders filled with project information and the curriculum we will be using to teach these kids. It got very real today! Not only is loving on these kids important, but we care about their education immensely as well. We want to prepare them with the knowledge and skills to get into college and pass the college entrance exams.
I am so so so so SO excited! I just want to snap my fingers and be there already (and possibly skip the 17 hour flight).
I would love if yall could pray for my team and the kids we will be teaching in South Africa, that God would prepare their hearts and our hearts as well as we embark on this amazing journey.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment