So it is officially one week aka SEVEN days until I depart for my mission trip to South Africa. It is absolutely mind boggling to think about. I can't believe that I am going to South Africa to serve the Lord and love on precious children and teach them the love of Jesus Christ. I am so excited, yet the nerves are starting to kick in. Will I like it? What if I don't raise all the support? Am I going to like the trip? Will all the glory be to God and not to me? All these questions and what if's are flooding my mind, yet I must remember that the Lord is good. I have been called to this trip and I am certain that God will rock my world in one way or another. I just pray for humility and boldness, that I would be able to submit myself completely to whatever the Lord has in store for me, not only this next month, but in my life as well. I pray that I would be able to share the Gospel with whoever I meet. My heart is so heavy for those who don't know Jesus and I pray with all my heart that these kids that we are tutoring would come to know Jesus.
I am getting increasingly anxious as it dawns on me that I will be in South Africa in about 9 days! I just have no idea what to expect. I have been so blessed by the people and resources here that I don't think I will realize just how privileged I am compared to those in a third world country.
That all being said. Would you join me in praying for this mission trip? About 30 students and staff will be on this trip and it would be radical if we each had a prayer team praying over all the people we will encounter and build relationships with. That is 30 times at least 5 people, which means at least 150 people praying for our trip! How awesome is that?
I have absolutely loved lounging around and basking in the company of some amazing friends. To each and every one of you who I have had the privilege to know: I am so blessed by your friendship. Not many people can say they have an amazing group of friends and mentors back home, but God has truly shown me the power of fellowship this past year.
Thanks for reading, and hopefully I will be back before I leave for South Africa!
Love yall,
Eann
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment