Friday, October 26, 2012

Blessings

In Life Group this past Thursday, we talked about things that we were thankful for.  I feel like I never really truly think about my blessings.  I seem to take them for granted and am so easy to receive all these "good" things, but find myself too caught up in everything on my to do list and in my planner.  So, I thought I would take some time to reflect on God's provision.

1. First off, I am so so thankful for the friendships that have come from home, school, and South Africa.    My friends from home were the ladies who showed me Christ's love and made me feel important every Sunday in 8th grade.  We are still best friends today, and nothing can ever really replace all the times we've spent laughing, crying, and talking.  Freshman year, it was difficult being away from all my best friends, not being able to drive 2 minutes to their houses and just watch tv with them.  God has truly blessed me in my friendships.  Words can't really describe how much each and every one of my friendships means to me.  My friends in college come into my room and comment on how many pictures I have of all my friends from home, and I think that is a great reflection of how important they are in my life.  Jenn, Jess, and Stephany have all come and visit and made such great impressions on my friends at MIT.  One of them even mentioned to me that he understood why I was so close to my friends from home after meeting each of these girls.





This past summer was transformational.  I am so so so thankful for the blessing to serve the Lord's kingdom in South Africa, while teaching the sweetest kids.  Today is one of my best friend's birthdays. Sarah and I talk frequently how we can't believe that we have only known each other for a couple months and have such a strong friendship.  I feel like I've known her my whole life, but she literally lives across the country in California, which is geographically inconvenient for me, ha, but I am confident that we will see each other again!  Sarah Dean, you are such a great friend and I am in awe that we built a friendship in another country!








2.  God has placed people in my life who have poured into me in ways that I haven't been able to really see until I left for college.  From Sunday school teachers to people I babysit for, I have been able to get a glimpse of what God's unconditional love looks like by the people I have encountered.  Just to name a few, Jodi, Ashlee, the McBrayers, Meghan S., Courtney B., my swim coach Amanda, and so many more I can't even enumerate.  Thank yall so much for caring for me, even when I didn't deserve it.  I only wish that I could truly convey how thankful I am for each and every one of you.


Well I am off to practice now, but there's a little bit of what I am thankful for!

Eann


0 comments:

Post a Comment