Needless to say it was delicious and we treated ourselves to dessert at this cute Peruvian place.
We walked around and there was hustlin' and bustlin' and tons of people just walking around. We saw some breakdancers, some Dance Troupe looking dancers (I kept saying they were practicing for a flashmob) in the park, and some food carts selling sopapillas, empanadas, and more (we will definitely be hitting that up sometime).
It was a good day.
More observations:
(don't remember which one I'm on)
6. Chilean service is not very... good (to American standards). It takes forever to get the check and etc etc, which I think is normal. I guess I am just used to quick-and-get-out-of-here-so-I-can-make-more-tips service (most of the time).
7. I knew it was going to be like this, but Chileans talk SO FAST. And they ask me if I understand them, I basically just nod, smile, and say "si." Most of the time, they laugh at me. It's kind of embarrassing, but my goal is to leave Chile and know what people are saying enough to engage in a meaningful conversation.
8. It is currently 70 degrees F (perfect weather if you ask me), and Chileans think it's cold! They are all bundled up and look so frigid. I think it's great weather and perfect for long sleeves and nike shorts -- but I wouldn't wear this out in Chile a) they would laugh at me and b) they would KNOW I was a foreigner as if they don't already know.
To be continued...
Thanks for reading!
Ciao
0 comments:
Post a Comment