Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mexico City

This past weekend, we took a trip to Mexico City! I had a slight fever and chills Friday night, but when I woke up Saturday morning (at 5:45 am) I was feeling good enough to take a 3 hours bus ride into Mexico City. Thankfully, I was able to make it through the weekend, although I was a little out of it on Saturday.

From: Querétaro, Mexico To: Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico

Pretty sunset at Palacio Bellas Artes

Palacio Bellas Artes


We saw quite a few tourist attractions, but the most memorable thing was taking pictures with Mexicans at these tourist locations. The first time, a girl and a boy approached Ray and we thought they wanted Ray to take a picture of them, but after a little confusion, we discovered they each wanted a picture with Ray. And then, it continued!


After climbing the jillion of steps to the Pyramids at Teotihuacan, a lady approached Ray wanting to take a picture with him. After she was done, another boy hopped in, then another, then tons of girls, and then they wanted one with all of us. Needless to say, it was a little strange, kind of flattering, but mostly just weird. Probably about 15-20 people wanted pictures with us/Ray (mostly Ray).

View from the top of the pyramid in Teotihuacan

Waiting in line to climb the pyramid

So many people, so many steps

Halfway there!

Apparently, every Monday, we have crepes for dinner! So this Monday, we had about 6 friends over to eat crepes at our house, both spinach and cheese and nutella. Holy moly, so good and such good company
Things at the school have been going well. I have been teaching the students the basics of Computer Science and how to think about solving problems. Every Thursday, the teachers in the 2nd floor of of the office have breakfast. Last Thursday, they had delicious tacos, and today they had gorditas. I think it goes without saying that it was delicious!

Mexicans love to eat 

Tacos last week

Gorditas this week
Random tidbit, my host family has been eating tortillas from the same lady for 22 years! Three times a week, the lady drops off a dozen handmade,warm tortillas on our doorstep and has been doing this for 22 years! That's a lot of tortillas.

This weekend, we are going to San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato. According to Trip Advsior, San Miguel de Allende, is THE top city to visit, so I am excited! I am also a little sad to be away from my host family, crazy huh?
My favorite - movie nights with the family
One more week and then I am going back to Boston... Definitely very sad about this and wish I could stay longer, like a whole semester! Who would've thought I would fall in love in Mexico?



0 comments:

Post a Comment