Hey guys!
So I have a whole set of blog posts to update y'all on, but my computer died, and I forgot to bring a plug adapter to charge my laptop while at the McDonald's at the mall, sooooo here is quick "I'm alive update"!
Basically, we are on our 2nd day of tutoring and it has been so overwhelming! There are just so many kids (250) in the program who need and want love and I just am not capable of providing it all to them! Nevertheless, I am having the absolute time of my life and am loving every second here. There are days when it is slow, but it is refreshing to practice the Sabbath (something I would challenge each and everyone of you to participate in. God calls us to do this and it is something I found I needed very much). I can't wait until I am close with my class enough to love on them and minister to them. I need to keep in mind that whatever happens, God has already written His plan and no matter what I do, His will WILL prevail!
Random things:
1. I have been doing Insanity with a lot of the team, surprised huh?
2. I am exhausted! Teaching and having fun with these kids is absolutely tiring, yet so worth it.
3. I am leading an Arts and Crafts workshop, which I find hilarious, because I am not an artist, but it has been alright so far!
4. I have pictures for y'all, but hang tight, I will post them as soon as all the stars align!
5. The team here is great. I was worried coming in about the team dynamics, and God has suppressed all of my hesitations. I wish I could take all 30 of them back to college with me!
6. Random, but all the portion sizes are so much smaller! A "small" fry at McDonalds is probably a little smaller than a kid's fry in America, go figure, ha!
7. Also, I'm currently at the "iStore" sneakily trying to use their Wi fi to type this, but no worries, an official, more detailed blog update will be coming soon, once I have a charged laptop and Wi-Fi.
Shout outs:
-Mom and dad: I miss you and love you and thank you so much for letting me come on this trip.
-"The girls": You know who you are. I have never been more thankful of y'all! Can't wait to come home and share everything and to be in unity with y'all. Miss y'all tons.
-MIT CCC: What an amazing ministry we are a part of! I cannot wait to come back to Cambridge and spend these next years together.
-Jess, Chantine, Lyndsy: Hope y'all are doing wonderful and I can't wait to hear about your summers and be neighbors/roomies next year! Love y'all!
-MIT Swimming: I haven't been swimming while on this trip (obviously), but can't wait for an amazing season! Wyatt, wish I could watch you swim.
-Everyone who is reading this: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for joining me on this opportunity to serve the people in South Africa. I love that y'all have engaged with me in this journey and hope that you are able to get a few glimpses as I attempt to describe my experiences. I am so grateful for all your support, love, prayers, and thoughts, truly.
Thank y'all for reading!
Eann
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
<3
Post a Comment