On a lighter note, last week, we went to Bar the Clinic, a cute, fun resto-bar with a lot of left wing political decorations.
One side
Other side
Also the service was a bit slow (dinner lasted around 4 hours) it was so fun to be with Chileans! I had already eaten dinner since 8 pm is way too late for me, so I ordered some pretty amazing flan (leche asada).
I asked for a side of manjar (Chilean version of dulce de leche) with it. Perfect.
Last Saturday, we went over to the Americanized version of Santiago, Sanhattan, and shopped around in a pretty big mall. It mostly just reminded me of the Pru and NorthPark, so nothing too special, but it was nice to walk around and see all the American stores!
The tallest building in Latin America
"Sanhattan" - supposed to resemble Manhattan, NY
Then, we went to an Artesan expo that was only in Chile for four days. There was a $4 USD entry fee, but it was worth it to taste the honey, walk around among the hustling and bustling of people.
Chocolate covered fruit
Taking a picture with an old lady haha
Mote con Huesillo - sweet drink with "mote" (type of corn) and peaches
Although we didn't leave Santiago, it was nice to relax a little and walk around the city.
Few more observations:
15. Chileans LOVE ice cream! Everywhere we go, there is gelato and ice cream. Yum
16. Chileans are generally pretty short. I feel like I fit in. ;)
17. Chileans have a slow walking pace. I always feel like I am hustling past them saying "permiso."
That's it for now!
Ciao
0 comments:
Post a Comment